- Green Cross CBD is now offering drone delivery.
- The new delivery method is an attempt to help reduce the spread of coronavirus.
- In order to be eligible for drone delivery, your package must weigh less than 2 pounds.
In order to accommodate proper social distancing as recommended by the U.S. government, a CBD store located in Texas began offering drone delivery for orders less than 2 pounds in total weight. Their goal with this plan is to improve their sales during this time of quarantine, and help reduce the spread of the coronavirus that was declared a pandemic earlier this month.
The company is located in Austin, Texas, and is named Green Cross CBD. The owner, John Elmore, stated that they had attempted to sterilize products and offer curbside pickup before coming up with the idea of drone deliveries.
“I was able to come up with a contraption where I could drop it in your front yard and unlatch and just take off,” Elmore stated.
“The drone can hold up to 2 pounds safely. I don’t like to exceed that, but, yeah, that’s quite a bit of CBD.
On March 21st, Austin issued social distancing rules for both businesses and residents in an attempt to decrease the spread of the virus. The rules encourage establishments to utilize their drive-thru, delivery, and curbside pickup services and cut down on the number of people that walk in and out of the store.
Drone Use During the Pandemic
Green Cross CBD’s use of drones as a delivery method are one of the few appearances that drones have made amid the coronavirus outbreak. Other uses that have been found for unmanned drones during the pandemic include:
- Australian police have been using drones with lights and sirens to monitor parks, beaches, and other public areas to warn people who are not abiding by the social distancing law.
- Police in the United Kingdom have also been using drones as a means to scold people for taking walks.
- Police in Italy gained approval from the Italian Civil Aviation Authority (ENAC) to utilize drones to monitor and gather data about the general public’s response to social distancing rules. This ruling will end on April 3rd.
Green Cross CBD is making a wise decision that will benefit both their business and the health of the general public. As the threat of the spreading coronavirus continues to grow, you can expect to see more and more businesses follow suit.